The Foundation for the Support of the United Nations (FSUN) works with the United Nations to help uphold the three pillars of the United Nations: Peace and Security, Development and Human Rights.
How We Do It:
- FSUN works with the United Nations Secretariat, programs, funds and agencies in various ways to implement the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) by year 2030;
- FSUN collaborates and consults with Member States (193 countries at the United Nations) on SDG campaigns, joint operational projects, participation in intergovernmental processes on shared goals and campaigns;
- FSUN utilizes its global convening power, resources and global network for information dissemination, awareness raising, development education and in the contribution of services and technical expertise to advance the various on-the-ground work of the United Nations.
- FSUN collaborates and engages the business and private sector, academia, thought leadership and other social impact entities and impact investors to build collaborative and strategic ecosystems that help accelerate the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Specifically, FSUN focuses on the following SDGs: Goal #3 Good Health and Well-Being; Goal #4 Quality Education; Goal #5 Gender Equality; Goal #9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure; Goal #16 Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions; Goal #17 Partnerships for the Goals.
FSUN Six Principles and Charter:
1. WE, THE PEOPLES
We respect the Charter of the United Nations and advance with humanity toward the future.
2. OBJECTIVES FOR THE PEOPLES
We support and serve the cause for peace and welfare of humanity through our work with the United Nations.
3. RULE OF AID AND SUPPORT
We will maintain mutual autonomy. We, in providing aid, uphold the position of mutual respect for independence, and empowerment through self-help.
4. MUTUAL RESPECT
We praise each other’s strengths, learn, complement each other’s disadvantages, advise, and together create a century of human symbiosis for our sake and for posterity.
5. HUMAN RIGHTS
Humanity’s greatest challenge is “human rights” and we will protect, improve and develop this. The greatest issue of humankind is “human rights” which we defend, improve and promote.
6. CULTURAL RIGHTS
We aim not to eliminate different cultures, but to secure a cultural right to live together, while aiming for a world of coexistence with the human race.
We do not exclude cultural difference, but work together with all the others for a world of human symbiosis, securing the cultural rights to live together